A free trial lesson is offered to all new students. Trial lessons can be booked throughout the term (you don't have to wait until the start of a new term to join us) by contacting the office here.
from 2 and a half years old
Wednesdays 16:00 - 16:30
Saturdays 09:30 - 10:00
Saturdays 11:30 - 12:00
This is a beginner ballet class for children aged 2.5 and up. The class uses imaginitve ideas and story telling to introduce basic ballet steps, musicality, co-ordination, and physical and sensory awareness.
from 4 and a half years old
Wednesdays 16:35 - 17:20
Saturdays 10:00 - 10:45
This class introduces a foundation for ballet technique. Children learn basic ballet exercises and sequences, whilst developing their imagination and creativity through movement and music.
from 6 years old
Wednesdays 17:25 - 18:10
Saturdays 10:45 - 11:30
This class builds the foundation for ballet technique. Children learn set ballet exercises and sequences, developing co-ordination and memory skills, whilst continuing to use their imagination and creativity through movement and music. Children in Level 1 work towards the Standard 1 Exam.
from 8 years old
Wednesdays 18:10 - 19:00
This class builds on basic steps, and introduces more complex movement sequences. Children continue to develop a sense of rhythm and musicality, along with confidence, poise, and increased co-ordination. Children in Level 2A work towards the Standard 2 Exam.
Level 4 and Pre-Pointe
from 11 years old
Wednesdays 19:00 - 20:00
Children learn more complicated ballet steps, and a greater emphasis on technique is introduced. All the skills learned previously are refined and developed. More challenging sequences are practiced and refined, and children add to their expanding dance vocabulary. This class also introduces Pre-Pointe work to prepare students for pointe work. This will strengthen their leg, ankle and feet muscles, as well as core strength in order to develop the necessary technique to use pointe shoes (please note, dancers wishing to be assessed for pointe work have to be taking a minimum of 2 classes a week and must be at least 11 years old)
Dancers in Primary, Level 1, Level 2A and Level 3, all work towards the Cecchetti exams. Teachers will spend from 3-5 Terms preparing each child for an exam in that level. Children doing multiple classes in a week may progress more quickly. If you have any questions about exams, please don't hesitate to get in touch with the office.
Classes for other levels and age groups may be added, please enquire or register your interest here!
Prices for Autumn Term 2021 (term dates here)
Pre-Primary - £138
Primary - £141
Level 1 - £14
Level 2A - £147
Level 3 - £150
Level 4 and Pre-Pointe - £150
TERMS and CONDITIONS
1. We do not charge administration or registration fees
2. Payment is due before the first day of term, for returning students, or before the first session after the trial class, for new students.
3. Class dates/times are subject to change.
4. We offer a free trial lesson in order to each dancer in order to evaluate suitability prior to payment. Refunds, whether partial or full, are not given under any circumstances.
5. Unless otherwise stated, a term fees invoice covers one ballet class weekly for each remaining teaching week of term. It is intended that this should be an in-person class, however by paying this invoice the customer agrees to accept online classes instead whenever deemed necessary by school management.
6. Under extenuating circumstances, and only by prior arrangement with the school and subject to availability, missed classes may be made up by the student attending another class at the same level on a different day of the same term. Non-attendance of catch-up classes will result in the forfeiture of those sessions; make-up classes do not carry over from one term to the next. There is no pay-per-class facility.
7. By paying for classes, the customer accepts that there is some risk of infection inherent in social interaction and using a shared space, and agrees to indemnify and keep indemnified the school's staff and management against any loss or injury brought about as a result of attending any class.
8. The customer agrees to follow all directions given by school staff while on site, especially in relation to protecting against Covid-19, and may be refused service if instructions are not followed by themselves and/or members of their party. This includes, but is not limited to, the wearing of masks, adherence to distancing rules, satisfactory hygiene.
9. While online, it is your responsibility to make sure that your child's lessons are conducted in a safe manner. You agree to take full responsibility for the safety of your child and anyone else in their vicinity.
10. While onsite it is a condition of attendance that you, your child and anyone else in your party adheres to whatever safety procedures we require. This may include physical distancing, washing and sanitising, the wearing of a mask, etc.
11. Nuts are not permitted on site, and do wash your hands after contact with anything containing nuts, due to contact allergies.
12. Dancing is an inherently physical activity, and carries with it the risk of injury. You agree to indemnify and keep indemnified the teachers and school operators of all and any liability arising from injuries sustained as a result of attending lessons, including in any location on site or at home.
13. The safety and well--being of our students, staff and customers is of utmost importance, and if a determination is made by school management that the safety of our students is best served by the interruption or cancellation of classes, or of a change to the way in which they are delivered, we will act accordingly. Situations might include fire alarms or other evacuations; public health issues; isolation/quarantine; damage to the venue, etc. We reserve the right to make a judgement based on our perception of the general safety of everyone concerned regarding the offer and/or withdrawal of in-person classes and their replacement with an online alternative. By paying term fees, in full or part, the customer agrees to honour and facilitate management decisions taken to safeguard the safety and health of those to whom we have a duty of care, including decisions regarding whether classes are online or in person, and agrees not to seek refund or compensation.
14. We reserve the right to alter the staffing make-up of the classes in whatever way we deem necessary.
15. Parents are required to stay on site throughout the class.
16. We reserve the right to combine classes at the same level on the same day, which may result in the class times changing.
17. Places cannot be held for students unpaid, and no alternative inference should be made.
18. Classes may not be filmed, photographed, screensaved, livestreamed, or similar.
19. Classes are charged by the full term, except for the term in which the student attends their first trial class. For all subsequent terms, the price payable is for the term, and will not be discounted (eg for starting after the first week of term, or in anticipation of missed classes). Any mention of a per-week rate is intended only for purposes of illustration / comparison.
20. In the event of class size limitations being imposed, priority for continuity will be given in order of payment. Eg. if the size is reduced to 15 people, it will be the people who were 16th, 17th, 18th etc to pay for their lessons who will be asked to move to a different arrangement.